Your jaw is a complex structure of bone and tissue. The structure of our mandible, or lower jaw, determines how pronounced our chin appears.
A recessive, "weak" or receding chin, clinically referred to as ‘retrogenia’, is primarily determined by genetics, and a natural part of aging.
As we age, we may naturally lose some of the bone structure or tissue in our lower jaw, leading to a less defined chin. Whether you were born with a less defined jawline, or have lost definition over time, jaw augmentation using fillers is a non-invasive way to correct the imperfection. We can not perform chin augmentation on anyone who has a chin implant or who is pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dermal fillers are customizable, and can be used to contour the jaw in a variety of ways:
- Make the chin appear longer
- Shape or even out the chin
- Lift double-chin
- Minimize or smooth out a cleft chin or "bum chin"
- Restore volume to the lower face where it begins to sag with age
- Augmenting the chin so that it is more align with the nose
- Defining the chin to give the desirable ‘heart’ face shape